March 19, 2020
Good Afternoon Scout Leaders:
The health and well-being of our Scouts, volunteer leaders, families, and staff continues to remain our number-one priority. As COVID-19 (coronavirus) and its impact continues to persist, we know we must maintain communication with you to address the growing concern by many in our communities.
Camp Durant is monitoring what the Federal Government, CDC, State of North Carolina and the National office of the BSA is putting out daily. Currently, we are planning to hold Summer camp as planned. However, as we all know this situation is very fluid and can change by the hour. Our largest concern is that we make responsible decisions for the members of our Scouting family.
- We are implementing the following change in the payment schedule. We are moving the first payment from April 1, 2020 to May 8, 2020 in hopes that units can resume regular meetings. Any payments made to Camp Durant will be fully refundable if camp is cancelled due to the COVID-19 outbreak. If camp is open for operation normal refund policies apply, refer to page 6 in Summer Camp Leaders Guide.
- This in-turn will push back the Merit Badge Classes opening on May 11th, 2020 @ 9: AM.
- Each troop should take proactive measures before coming to camp by pre-screening everyone before you come to camp.
- On Site screening at camp check in will take place upon arrival, in every vehicle before they get out. If anyone shows symptoms, the entire vehicle will be sent home for the safety of the entire Camp.
- Hand washing skills should be covered as a serious topic before arriving at camp and practiced often while here at camp.
We are looking forward to another great summer with exciting program, stellar customer service and the best facilities available. We believe everyone should be prepared.
Yours in Scouting,
Camp Director – Camp Durant