2021 NEUSE RIVER DISTRICT VIRTUAL INVITATIONAL DERBY
March 19, 2021
Open until March 7, 2021, 9:00pm EDT in order to allow for award lead time. PDF certificates will be emailed the day of weigh-in for those registered by the deadline. Due to COVID-19, there will be no late registration this year.
Inspection and Weigh-In:
Thursday night prior to race day — March 18, 2021 6:00PM to 8:30PM
NEW 2021 Location:
Knights of Columbus Google Maps code: RC4Q+42
4301 Columbus Club Dr.
Raleigh, NC 27604
NOTE: ONLY ONE representative from each unit will bring ALL cars from each Pack
The Derby rules have been updated for 2021. Please read all the rules regarding height, weight, length, wheelbase and construction methods. Just because the car was “OK” in your Unit race does not mean that it will pass inspection at the District level.
Friday, March 19, 2021; the virtual livestream will begin at 7:00pm with an opening ceremony followed by the Craftsmanship and Originality competition, continue with individual race heats for the Speed competition, and wrap up with the Grand Finals, and conclude with a final Awards Ceremony.
NEW 2021 VIRTUAL Location: https://tiny.cc/2021NRDPWD
(the livestream link will become active closer to event time)
Racers not checked in by 8:30 PM Thursday, March 18 will be removed from the heat schedules.
Will follow the last heat of the Grand Finals race.
- Lions/Tigers (Combined)
- Cubs (Wolf & Bear Combined)
- Webelos (I & II Combined)
Craftsmanship, Originality & Speed
Each competition will have a 1st, 2nd & 3rd place winner for each division. The 1st place Speed winners of each division will compete for an overall Top Speed Trophy. Each car can only be entered in one type of competition and this will be determined by the Unit prior to registration.
- It is required by the Derby Committee to have Cub Scouts’ cars registered at the primary Inspection and Weigh-In on Thursday evening so that race software, judging sheets and participation certificates can be completed before race day, thus eliminating registration bottleneck, technical issues the day of the race and ensuring a quality program for the event.
- INDIVIDUAL DERBY PARTICIPANTS WILL NOT ATTEND WEIGH-IN. Instead, ONE LEADER from each unit will bring all of their unit’s vehicles to the Inspection/Weigh-In event in order to maintain COVID-19 safety protocols.
- Each unit is expected to provide at least one volunteer, primarily to facilitate the return of participant vehicles and any awards to their respective units.
- The Unit Cubmaster or their designate has responsibility to ensure that all of their Pack’s entrants’ cars are registered and impounded at Inspection/Weigh-In on Thursday night, March 18.
- Complete 2021 District Derby rules (including updates related to COVID-19) are posted here:
2021 Neuse River District Virtual Invitational Derby Rules-FINAL